Medical coding holds a crucial place in RCM (Revenue Cycle Management) which deals with the settlement of insurance claims in developed countries. Medical coding involves the conversion of healthcare diagnoses, medical services and equipment into universally accepted medical alpha-numeric codes. These codes are defined by World Health Organization (WHO). These diagnostic and procedure codes are taken from various medical records namely physician notes, laboratory/radiology results. The main job of a medical coder (or clinical coder) is to analyse the medical records/laboratory results, radiology results etc. and assign codes based on standard classification.
Updated curriculum of international quality
CPC certified trainers
Multiple mock tests
100 % placement assistance
Earning a credential from AAPC has many advantages.
1. You get associated with American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) and are updated on the latest developments in the field of medical coding.
2. Introduces you to an eminent community of ongoing support.
3. Connects you to an elite network of certified peers.
4. Enhances your curriculum vitae.
5. Opens up the opportunity to work abroad.
6. Enhances your employability and salary scale (even in a difficult job market).
7. Ensures sharp career growth for both science and non-science graduate.
"I have studied medical coding online. Earlier I was apprehensive whether I would be able to grasp the concept. However, the trainers are well qualified and are experts in medical coding. They were able to clear all my doubts online itself. I was able to complete the course with A Grade and I am now working in a top MNC. I would like to take this opportunity to thank all staff especially my student counsellor, trainer, and placement cell for their sincere efforts."
Trivandrum, Kerala – 695581
Copyright © 2021 National Institute of Medical Coding. All rights reserved.